London's Poverty Profile has been created by one of London's largest charitable funders, Trust for London, and the independent think tank, New Policy Institute.
- Lambeth had the highest rate of underage pregnancy (conception rate of 7.1 per 1,000 women aged 13 to 15), as well as relatively low male life expectancy and high childhood obesity for London.
- More than half of temporary accommodation placements for homeless households were out of borough (55%). However, homelessness acceptances fell in Lambeth while they rose across London, with Lambeth having been above the London average in 2009, but below it in 2014.
- Lambeth had a higher than average rate of out-of-work benefit recipients (10.6%). However, unemployment and out-of-work benefit claims both fell faster in Lambeth between 2011 and 2014 than across London.
- A lower than average proportion of private renters were claiming housing benefit (16%).
Changes overtime compared to London average
The charts above looks at how Lambeth has changed over time across a series of indicators compared to the London average
The table below looks at how the borough ranks in London across 23 indicators.
Key indicators comparing Lambeth with London averages
Notes and links
Poverty and low income benefits
1. Proportion of children estimated to be in low income households (Feb 2013) (here)
2. Proportion of working-age people in receipt of an out-of-work benefit (Nov 2014) (here)
3. Proportion of 0-19 year olds in working families receiving tax credits (2013/14) (here)
4. Annual amount low income households pay in council tax regardless of income (2015/16) (here)
5. Private renting housing benefit claimants as a proportion of private rented households (2013) (here)
Work and low pay
8. Proportion of working-age people unemployed (average for 2012 to 2014) (here)
9. Proportion of employees living in borough earning less than the London Living Wage (average for 2013 to 2014) (here)
10. Proportion of employees working in borough earning less than the London Living Wage (average for 2013 & 2014) (here)
11. Lower quartile rent for 2 bedroom as a proportion of full-time earnings (2014/15) (here)
12. Proportion of net-new homes built available at sub-market price (three years to 2013/14) (here)
13. Landlord evictions in 2014 per 1,000 renting households (here)
14. Proportion of households in overcrowded housing (2011) (here)
15. Households accepted as homeless in 2014/15 per 1,000 households (here)
16. Households in temporary accommodation in March 2015 per 1,000 households (here)
17. Proportion of temporary accommodation placements outside of borough in March 2015 (here)
20. Proportion of working-age adults with a limiting illness or disability (2011) (here)
21. Male life expectancy (average for 2011 to 2013) (here)
22. Proportion of children aged 11 who are obese (2013/14) (here)
23. Conception rate per 1,000 women aged 13 to 15 (average for 2011 to 2013) (here)
Comparisons with all boroughs
Compare Lambeth's overall performance against other boroughs
Explore by topic:
Explore by Borough:
- Barking and Dagenham
- City of London
- Hammersmith and Fulham
- Kensington and Chelsea
- Kingston upon Thames
- Richmond upon Thames
- Tower Hamlets
- Waltham Forest